Iden Versio Build (in progress)

Hello, this is Loonatic reporting. I'm working on my first Star Wars face character, the rebel garb of the Star Wars Battlefront II game Iden Versio. There isn't an official set of costume standards for it on Rebel Legion, but there's a thread by Lady Mary hoping to make it formalized. It's a variation of the traditional X-wing pilot costume, although there are some key differences. She wears a gray shirt, the flight suit tied around her waist, a chest harness with an ID-10 droid mounted on the back, a belt with pouches, and is often seen with a stormtrooper's typical E-11 blaster.

 





Reference Images



I'm not really sure why latched on to this one (never having played the game) but I immediately liked the costume and after some research I found I liked the character and story. I don't look exactly like her, but I've got the brown hair and eyes, and I'll make believe my skin tone can past muster. At a rough description I might be more consistent with a freckled Leia or Padme, but I avoid dresses like the plague and don't believe in monarchies. But really the key part of this costumes is that I'm more or less confident that I have the skills to achieve it. Really, it falls in my sweet spot of face characters.


So here are the pieces I plan on obtaining or making for this costume build.
1. X-wing flight suit, tied around waist
2. Grey shirt with starbird patch (updated 10/20/18)


3. Black mid-calf "jack boots"
They're slightly shorter than I'd like and slightly too big for my feet, but with some modifications and thick socks they work in a pinch. I bought them at a thrift store for about $8, and removed the decorative buckles to make it more consistent with the "jack boot" look. (updated 3/23/19)


4. Chest harness with commlink

5. Leg harness
A gray ejection harness made with gray nylon webbing, rectangular buckles, and Velcro. Here's a tutorial (updated 7/03/19).

6. Leg flares
A rebel pilot's leg flare holder with 8 silver flares. Some argument continues as to whether Versio's flare holder is in fact gray or the traditional olive green, but I chose to side with the olive green. It makes more sense that it'd be the same as all the other X-wing pilots. The "flares" are silver-painted wooden dowels 4in long. You can recreate these methods using my tutorial (updated 3/23/19).



7. ID-10 droid
8. E-11 blaster
To make my own stormtrooper blaster I took a Halloween prop of an E-11 blaster and modified with Dremel, paint, and some greeblies. The build was inspired mostly by excellent prop maker Happy Trooper, but you can see my version's steps in this tutorial.


9. E-11 blaster holster (updated 10/24/18)
I made this E-11 blaster holster as a budget version of another tutorial by Ayen_s of 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment of the 501st, with some rivet details inspired by Shepperton Design Studio's props. The original calls for leather, this was made with a flexible plastic binder for structure and covered with faux leather vinyl.


10. Belt and pouches



11. Fingerless gloves (updated 11/3/18)



12. Hair in a low bun 
And a basic drawing I've done to get a better idea on some of the pieces. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a simple medieval hood from cloth napkins

How to make rebel pilot leg flares

How to make a Jedi's utility belt