Casual Cosplay: Batgirl

Hey, we're back today with another episode of Casual Cosplay! I wasn't really planning it, when I recreating my casual Catwoman look for the blog, I realized that I could also do an easy Batgirl spin on this concept as well (Barbara Gordon, naturally). This costume is a little more on-the-nose than the Catwoman build, but it's still casual enough to wear out and about as well.

Also, the note about my photography and editing skills still stands. Behold...

Also also, Fred is continuing his turn as my clothes model.

Why yes I do happen to have a purple moto jacket in my closet
I call this one the comic book filter
Ah, the mysterious Bat-watch...
The Components:

Skirt

Like I said before, you can't go wrong with a leather mini skirt. I love this skirt, so I kept it for this costume as well.

Shirt

As I recall, I stumbled upon this bat-shirt in a Goodwill. It's a little faded, but that's just fashion, isn't it?

Tights

Sadly, you can't really see the tights in the photos I was able to take, and I don't have a leg model other than myself (Fred's a bit lacking in the leg department), so I've included the promo photo from the original listing (they're from Hot Topic- https://www.hottopic.com/product/dc-comics-batman-silhouette-tights/10310688.html -but I've seen them elsewhere around the internet as well).

Boots
These are the latest of a long line of beaten up second-hand combat boots that have lived in my closet. I love them, I wear them until they die, and then I find some new ones. They give a fun punk rock edge to the Batgirl costume, plus they're pretty comfortable.

Jacket
This is actually something I raided from my mom's closet (shh, she'll never notice). The purple is what really changes this from a random bat-themed outfit to a more Batgirl-esque cosplay, so keep in mind that a bit of color is an easy way to denote a particular character.


Throw it together with a pair of glasses and some red hair, and you've got yourself a casual Batgirl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a simple medieval hood from cloth napkins

How to make rebel pilot leg flares

How to make a Jedi's utility belt