Not So Shiny: A Clone Trooper Playlist

Let's go ahead and dive right in and admit that my favorite piece of Star Wars media in Star Wars: The Clones Wars. Don't worry, I'm not going to rant here (that will probably be later this month). That's not to say that I think it's objectively the best piece of Star Wars media, or even that I like every part of the series. But I maintain that it is a beautiful and amazing piece of Star Wars, and it makes me cry every time I watch it.
Perhaps my favorite part of The Clone Wars is its spotlight on the clone soldiers as they walk the line between faceless, subhuman cannon-fodder and fully-fledged individuals fighting for a future (even if it isn't theirs). This playlist reflects their struggle.

Why did I make them look like a boy band? Good question. It just sort of...happened


1. Ka Mate (Traditional Maori Haka)

This is a common haka used by the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team, among others. It was composed by Te Rauparaha in celebration of a narrow escape from death, which seemed appropriate for the clone soldiers.

2. Search and Destroy (Skunk Anansie)

I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb
I am the world's forgotten boy

3. Not For Me (Bobby Darin)

I've never known love
Or been shown love you see
And maybe there is such a thing
But not for me

4. Don't Mess With Me (Brody Dalle)


I've got the feeling I can break
Out of anything that is standing in my way
I know the feeling I can take
The pain of losing teeth is better than defeat


5. Army of Me (Bjork)

And if you complain once more
You'll meet an army of me

6. Me and Mine (The Brothers Bright)

I will burn your kingdom down if you try to conquer me and mine

7. Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go

8. Have a Drink on Me (ACDC)


So don't worry about tomorrow
Take it today
Forget about the check
We'll get hell to pay


9. Takin' Care of Business (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)

And we be taking care of business (every day)
Taking care of business (every way)

10. Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Blue Oyster Cult)

And I'm young enough to look at, and far too old to see
All the stars are on the inside
I'm not sure if there's anything left to me

11. A Pain That I'm Used To (Depeche Mode)

Close your eyes, pay the price for your paradise
Devils feed on the seeds of the soul

12. Iron (Woodkid)

A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight, and fate

13. Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums (A Perfect Circle)

I'll be the one to protect from you from your enemies and your choices, son
They are one and the same
I must isolate you
Isolate and save you from yourself 

14. All These Things That I've Done (The Killers)


While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done

15. Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)


I'm breaking in ,shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse


16. Take it From Me (KONGOS)

Nothing can stop me
Nothing holds me back
Think you could slow me down?
There ain't no turning back

17. Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)

And if you leave here
You leave me broken, shattered, I lie
I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot, then we can die

18. Black Betty (Ram Jam)

She's so rock steady
And she's always ready
Whoa Black Betty
Whoa Black Betty

19. Big Bad Wolf (The Heavy)

With time slippin' away
I can't say what I'll do
You got nothing to say
'Till I tell you who's who

20. Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down (Rory Block)

When the final trumpet sounds I'll be getting up, walking around
Ain't no grave can hold my body down, my body down

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a simple medieval hood from cloth napkins

How to make rebel pilot leg flares

How to make a Jedi's utility belt